Make a Payment

Make a Payment

Fees and/or fines can be paid with cash, money order, or credit/debit cards in person at the Clerk's Office. As of January 18th, 2024, our office will NO longer accept personal checks as a form of payment.There is a surcharge assessed for credit card payments in person or online. Fines and/or fees can also be paid online through PayGov.Us. Be sure to list the cause number in which you are paying the fines. The cause number begins with 07C01.

Cash Bonds

In-person payments (CASH ONLY) can be made daily from 8 AM - 4PM, Monday - Friday at the Brown County Clerk's Office. After hour cash bond payments can also be made at the Brown County Sherriff's Department (cash or credit cards accepted) at 55 State Road 46 E. Nashville, IN 47448. Bond payments for arrest warrants will not be accepted until the warrant has been served by the court.

Bond Refunds

Bond money, minus fees, PAID AFTER July 1,2022 will be refunded to the person posting the bond, however, if the bond was paid prior to that date and has since been released, it will be returned to the defendant NOT the payer of the bond. The bond refund process will be initiated when the case is decided.

General Information

A bond is an amount of money in cash for the purpose of making sure a person attends all required court appearances. A bond allows an arrested person (defendant) to be released from jail until his or her case is completed. A $5.00 Death Benefit Fee is added to all bond payments. For example, if you have a $500 cash bond, you will pay $500 plus the $5.00 benefit fee for a total of $505.

Child Support Payment Information

Helpful information to know for making a payment

  • In-person payments (CASH ONLY) can be made from 8 AM - 4 PM, Monday - Friday in the Brown County Clerk's Office. 
  • All non-cash payments must be made through the Indiana State Central Collections Unit (INSCCU) or by calling 866-972-9427. 
  • Make cash payment at any U.S. MoneyGram locations, including Walmart, CVS, and Kroger. Find a place to pay at the Use Receive Code 14658 - for child support payments only and they process to case within 3 business days. Fee is $3.99.
  • Child support payments printouts can be obtained by requesting them in person at the Brown County Clerk's Office or calling 812-988-5510. Only the parties of record or the attorney representing either party can request a copy of a payment history in a child support case. 
  • For information about having your child support payment directly deposited to a state-issued Visa debit card, visit the Indiana State Central Collections Unit (INSCCU) website.

Annual Support Fee ("ASFE")

State law requires non-custodial parents to pay a yearly docket fee. As of 2020, the ASFE payment of $55 is now due to the State and can no longer be processed at the Clerk's Office.

Ways to pay ASFE

  • Credit/Debit Card: - Select "Annual Support Fee" (2.25% fee per transaction)
  • Cash: Use Receive Code 18860 at MoneyGram locations, such as Walmart, CVS, and Kroger ($3.99 fee per transaction). Visit for a list of locations.
  • Check: Mail checks to - INSCCU, PO Box 6271, Indianapolis, IN 46206 (write ASFE and case # on the check)