How do I report a tree blocking the roadway?

To report a tree blocking the roadway, please call the Highway Dept. at (812) 988-4545.  If you should need assistance after hours, please call the Brown County Sheriff's Dept. at (812) 988-6655.
We can only remove trees that are physically in the roadway - we do not have the equipment nor jurisdiction to remove trees that are hanging above the roadway.  

***If a utility line is involved/attached to the downed tree, please contact the appropriate utility company to report the damage first - for safety reasons, we cannot assist in the removal of the debris until the utility lines are cleared.

Show All Answers

1. When is a driveway permit necessary and how do I obtain one?
2. How do I report a pothole, road hazard or missing sign?
3. How do I report a tree blocking the roadway?
4. Why did the county cut my trees or flowers at the edge of the road?
5. What distance is the right of way?
6. What roads does the County maintain?
7. How do I report a dead animal in the roadway?